CONWY has been named the “luckiest” place to live in a zombie apocalypse.
With the new Resident Evil series releasing on Netflix on July 14th, research by RantCasino.com has investigated the UK’s situation in a hypothetical zombie apocalypse.
Conwy was identified as the safest area in North Wales in the study, with 3,245 potential undead affecting this area.
With a zombie to population ratio of 2.75%, the audience may have a better chance of escaping during a hypothetical apocalypse.
Image credit: Romolo Tavani/Shutterstock
However, Wrexham turned out to be the unluckiest borough in North Wales to experience a zombie apocalypse.
Residents might not be unscathed here, with a staggering 49,035 potential zombies roaming the streets. This may be due to the 49 cemeteries in the region.
Denbighshire county follows next, with 25,116 potential zombies around. It has a greater number of cemeteries, with 67 but a lower population than Wrexham. Despite this, there is a zombie to population ratio of 25%, which means residents are more likely to survive unscathed here.
Finally, the luckiest place in the UK to live during a zombie apocalypse is the Isles of Scilly, with only 98 potential zombies roaming the streets.
RantCasino.com conducted the following research to replicate a hypothetical zombie apocalypse in which the deceased are resurrected as the undead. The research assesses both nominal and relative concentrations of zombies across administrative subdivisions in the UK. The estimates in this study are based on a sample of 369,240 geolocated cemeteries and memorials worldwide acquired from an established public database of cemetery records, Find a Grave (owned by Ancestry.com).
- First, the sample of cemeteries is geocoded backwards using Ordnance Survey administrative boundaries and Topologically Integrated Geographic Coding and Referencing (TIGER) boundary lines for the UK.
- Population estimates from ONS and NASA’s Socio-Economic Data and Applications Center (SADAC) are used to define district and state level populations for the UK. SADAC population estimates were polygonized from raster imagery and spatially joined to TIGER state-level boundaries.
- The geotagged cemeteries dataset was then aggregated by district and state to determine the total number of cemeteries, total number of memorials, memorials per capita (%) and memorials per KM2 for each administrative subdivision to find the unluckiest places to live during a zombie apocalypse.
Resident Evil is coming to Netflix.
- Nearly three decades after the discovery of the T-virus, an epidemic reveals the dark secrets of the Umbrella Corporation.
- Based on the horror franchise, which includes countless console games and movies.
- It is the franchise’s first live-action series, known for its “bad ass” female characters like Jill Valentine and Claire Redfield.
- It stars Ella Balinska, Tetiana Gaidar, and Lance Reddick, and features fan-favorite characters such as Albert Wesker as well as newcomers to the franchise.