2 die of carbon monoxide in Bibb County home, coroner says

0

title=

A rental home at 917 N. Ponce de Leon Circle, between Interstate 75 and Houston Avenue in Macon, where two people were found dead on the morning of April 26, 2022, apparently victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, has said coroner Leon Jones.

Bibb County Tax Assessor

Two people were found dead Tuesday morning in a home in southeast Macon, apparently victims of carbon monoxide poisoning, the Bibb County coroner said.

Nieshera Brown, 27, and her nephew Nasir Ragin, 15, were discovered by people working on the house around 9 a.m. The home is located at 917 N. Ponce de Leon Circle, between Houston Avenue and Interstate 75 in a neighborhood just south of Evergreen Cemetery, Coroner Leon Jones said.

The carbon monoxide poisoning was allegedly caused by a gasoline generator inside the house. Brown and Ragin just moved into the house yesterday. According to the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office, the generator was running when the bodies were discovered.

The next of kin have been notified and the bodies will be sent to the GBI crime lab for autopsies.

The house they were in, a 977 square foot rental, was built in 1940. Tax records show the place is owned by a Stone Mountain man.

This story was originally published April 26, 2022 9:51 a.m.

Joe Kovac Jr. covers crime and the courts for The Telegraph with an eye for human interest stories. Joe is a Warner Robins native and a graduate of Warner Robins High. He joined the Telegraph in 1991 after graduating from the University of Georgia. As a Pulliam Fellowship recipient in 1991, Joe worked for Indianapolis News. His articles have appeared in The Washington Post, Seattle Times and Atlanta Magazine. He was a Livingston Award finalist and has won numerous awards from the Georgia Press Association and the Georgia Associated Press.
Support my work with a digital subscription
Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.